We’re on a mission, and invite you to join us.
Congratulations – you’re in the right time, at the right place, doing the right thing. Cyclotron represents a unique opportunity to work with a modern, action-oriented consultancy, alongside exceedingly talented developers and engineers. It’s a peer-supported environment that honors the talent you bring to the table and fosters a career accelerating cross-pollination with like-minded technologists. We seek out and encourage exposure to new client challenges and responding to technical approaches. We honor work/life balance, but strive to have a good time regardless of which side of the slash you tip towards.
If you don’t see something that fits, send along your resume anyway. Who knows we may just invent the future together.
Take a look. We’re either anticipating or have an immediate need for all the positions listed below. We’re anxious to hear from you.
Do the words “hunter”, “coin-operated”, and “self-starter” describe you? Join a thriving startup with a tight-knit culture. We are a fast-moving, highly technical group of people who value transparency, multi-tasking, and taking ownership of tasks. We value relationships between our team and partners. Our motto is “No Suits. No Ties. Only Smarts.” The team wear multiple “hats” and are flexible enough to make changes where needed. We offer full medical coverage, H1B sponsorship, and a highly competitive compensation package.
- Present a thorough territory plan within first 90 days
- Close both net new accounts and existing accounts
- Identify and close quick, small wins while managing longer, complex sales cycles
- Exceed activity, pipeline, and revenue targets
- Track all customer details including use case, purchase time frames, next steps, and forecasting in CRM
- Utilize a solution approach to selling and creating value for customers
- Evangelize Cyclotron’s Services
- Ensure 100% satisfaction among all customers
- Prioritize opportunities and applying appropriate resources
Multiple openings across Account Management, Business Development, and Account Executive experience.
- Senior SQL Server/BI developer with a minimum of 5 years of experience
- Strong in SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS, XMLA and MDX
- Good understanding of data modeling, analytics, statistics, performance tuning and large data models
- Experience in SharePoint development is a plus
- Experience in C# web services is a plus
- Ability to translate business needs into technical specifications
- Ability to work in a fast-paced Agile based environment is a plus
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Power BI suite including Power View, Power Q&A and Power Maps
- High-visibility role within Business Intelligence department that develops and maintains a state-of-the-art Redshift-based Enterprise Data Warehouse solution or Microsoft HD Insight
- Create detailed specs for ETL design/development/support and then transform those designs into system capabilities utilizing standard coding tools and processes
- Work with end users to identify their ad hoc and scripted reporting needs
- Maintain and streamline the existing data flow to improve accuracy and efficiency
- Stay current with technical best practices and industry trends and advise and educate management on their importance
- Instill a strong customer service and business-oriented ethic when working with both the team and end users
- Identify and fix defects and reuse existing software components
Key Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of ETL experience in data warehousing or transactional systems
- Proficient in at least one programming language (Java, Perl, Python, etc.)
- Understand and implementation experience with both relational and data warehousing models including star-schema, dimensional design, data mart, and database architecture
- Proficient in development of automated ETL processes (both through the use of automation tools and through manual scripting)
- Implemented solutions using Big Data technologies
- Highly proficient in a UNIX / Linux environment
- Thorough understanding of Big Data mechanics, analytical processing, modeling, and implementation
- Export-level knowledge of SQL, stored procedures, views, and triggers
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills; excellent communication skills
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Experience with either Amazon Web Services or Windows Azure services
- Exposure to Map Reduce programming
- Experience with either Tableau, Pentaho, Business Objects or Microstrategy Enterprise analytical solutions
- Knowledge of NoSQL platforms (e.g. MongoDB, Couchbase, etc.)
- Knowledge of Informatica/Talend is a plus
- Develop and implement solutions and SharePoint workflows as part of application solutions and custom SharePoint Web Parts and Dashboards. Incorporates Best Practices and lessons learned into applications and solutions
- Custom configuration of the SharePoint environment at the C# level and assist the development on other C# application projects
- Analyze user requirements, define solutions, and provide recommendations for optimal solutions and manage execution to successful implementation
- Researches and tests third party vendor solutions that can improve the SharePoint integration and implementation (i.e. Off the shelf products and solutions)
- Act as an expert technical resource for less experienced C# / SharePoint development staff
- Employee best practices for code reuse
- Participate in vendor code reviews to find and fix problems and to improve the overall quality of software
- Manage and optimize the SharePoint topology
- Lead or support SharePoint projects and other duties as required and/or assigned
Key Skills and Experience:
- Working knowledge of JQuery and JQuery libraries and plug-ins
- Thorough understanding of different web based design patterns (MVVM and MVC)
- Ensure adoption of standards and procedures governing the practice of project management and execution of the project portfolio
- Champion and integrate the Scrum methodology into project management best practices.?Act as Scrum Master for one or more teams
- Ensure that the scope, business case, objectives and success metrics for projects are well defined, understood, measured and reported effectively
- Define key metrics for measuring resource capacity, project valuation, cost, risk, status and performance across Cyclotron engineering
- Tactically own and execute on one or more programs or portfolio of projects
- Understand the interdependencies between technology, operations and business needs
- Identify and raise project delivery issues and risks for mediation, resolution or escalation to the appropriate level on a timely basis. Foster accountability of cross-functional team leads to resolve project issues and ensure project success
- Drive on-time delivery of projects and programs
- Provide up-to-date, accurate, meaningful views of project status
- Conduct project post-mortems and continuous improvement sessions
Key Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of project management experience on progressively more complex projects
- Experience project managing large, enterprise-wide product development projects involving cross-functional teams in both business and technical domains
- Proven track record of successfully delivering multiple projects simultaneously, building appropriate processes and tools
- Demonstrated working experience as Scrum Master
- Good understanding of web technology
- High competency and knowledge in software engineering, product development, and general business processes
- Naturally organized, analytical and detailed oriented. Energetic self-starter passionate about professional integrity and excellence with a positive attitude and contagious enthusiasm
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills are absolutely required
- Strong relationship building/partnering skills and the ability to work with varying levels of individual contributors and management. ?Comfortable presenting to executives
- Ability to influence peers and managers while dealing with ambiguity
- Demonstrated knowledge and usage of standard project management concepts, practices and procedures
- Thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, environment where you must take on multiple responsibilities and do what it takes to get things done
- Locate and contact potential clients in order to offer Cyclotron’s services and products
- Obtain and study information about clients’ products, needs, problems, advertising history, and business practices in order to offer effective sales presentations and proposals
- Prepare and deliver sales presentations to new and existing customers to drive new business as well as protect and increase existing advertising
- Educate customers how Cyclotron can best enable an organization in the most effective way possible
- Gather all relevant material for bid processes, and coordinate bidding and contract approval
- Draw up contracts/statements of work for Cyclotron’s work and collect payments due
- Consult with different company officials, sales departments, and advertising agencies in order to develop effective promotional plans to our clients
- Attend sales meetings, industry trade shows, and training seminars in order to gather information, promote services or products, expand network of contacts, and increase knowledge
Key Skills and Experience:
- BA/BS Degree Required
- Passion for the hunt. And a proven prowess for getting thru to “the kill.” All amid a fast-paced environment
- At least 2+ years’ experience?in?sales working in a two-tier distribution model for a high-technology company – Mobility, Security, Cloud, Business Intelligence, Social Media
- Readiness to travel 50% annually
- Strong analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills (People like you. Listen to you. And trust you!)
- Strategic, sophisticated deal planning and negotiation
- Track record of success in a start-up or fast-growth environment a major plus
- Self-motivation and time management and personal accountability
- Collaborative, team-player sensibilities
- Support, configure, and develop the SharePoint environments, including intranet portals, team sites, and related internal/external sites, applications or systems
- Maintain and administer SharePoint services, including search, content hub, excel and MS Project services
- Develop, configure and maintain document libraries, enterprise lists and site collections
- Manage SharePoint end user accounts, permissions and access rights in accordance with best-practices regarding privacy and security
- Support end users with SharePoint related issues or problems
- Assist with software development initiatives, including scoping, scheduling, and implementation
- Test recommended emerging SharePoint and related software products or systems
- Assist with the implementation, upgrades and improvements of SharePoint and other applications or systems
- Enhance SharePoint functionality and/or performance as necessary
- Generate usage and performance statistics and reports as needed, using custom or packaged tools
- Develop and maintain user and technical documentation, guidelines or instructions as necessary
- Assist Tech Support staff with SharePoint (and related applications) deployment, troubleshooting and training for end users
Key Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field required
- 3+ years of experience with Microsoft SharePoint 2010/2013 technical administration
- Design / Architect / Upgrade / Deploy / Support SharePoint 2013 Solutions
- Software Development Process – Requirements Analysis/Testing/ Deployment
- SharePoint Integration with third party applications and enterprise business systems
- SCRUM / Agile Development Methodology
- Strong experience in WSS3.0, SharePoint 2013 Foundation, Server, etc.
- Experience in configuring all service applications (2013/2010) and configuring SharePoint Security
- Experience with Concept Searching tools
- Backup and restore of the SharePoint portals, site collections, sites, lists, and libraries
- Hands-on experience in using Web Parts, Site Collections, Content Deployment, InfoPath Forms, Excel Services, Business Data Catalogs, Site Columns, Content Types, Authorizations, Workflows, Advanced Search, Master pages, Event Handlers, and Content pages search settings
- Highly developed skills with MS productivity products including, Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Strong customer communication skills for understanding technical problems and clearly explaining solutions
- Excellent time management skills and ability to balance multiple job assignments
- A high degree of attention to detail and excellent concentration
- Excellent judgment skills required due to possible use of confidential data
- Ability to work independently, as well as, part of a cross-functional team
- Ability to produce high quality work in a short period of time with little supervision
- Ability to attend training courses, learn and apply new technologies
- Lead requirements and design sessions with client and internal teams.
- Author functional requirements and technical design documentation.
- Lead pre-sales client sessions and develop estimates and proposals.
- Lead strategic planning and roadmap development with clients.
- Work with BA and PM teams to plan project sprints, scope and resource allocation.
- Manage at project milestones to ensure successful solution delivery and client satisfaction.
- Continuous learning and research on .NET, SharePoint, and relevant technologies.
- Work with solution team to help set standard architectures, processes, and best practices.
- Develop deep working relationships with key partners and vendors.
- Engage in senior level technology decision maker discussions related to agility, business value, and .NET.
- Architect SharePoint solutions by mapping common customer business problems to end-to- end technology solutions.
- Oversee delivery of the largest, most complex, and most strategic projects for enterprise customers.
Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or equivalent and 2 years’ experience or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or equivalent and 5 years experience.
Cyclotron, Inc.156 2nd Street San Francisco CA 94105.
9:00 A.M. – 5:30 P.M 40 hours per week